The x360 Glitchip is a chip created by the LIBRASOFT Firm, already known for its participation to the xbox 360 Scene. (BqI_Reader / 360 Drive Switcher / 360 Waves Patcher / 360 Games Patcher / x360SED…).
The x360 Glitchip comes after the hack made by Gligli (The Reset Glitch Hack), which allows the boot of unsigned code on the XboX 360 no matter the kernel installed, and on all revisions of the motherboard currently on the market Slim also. (Except Xenon Motherboard).
To explain it (very) simply, the chip sends little pulses to the processor in order to distabilize the console and make it believe a modified CB is correctly hashed and signed. This operation doesn’t succeed every time, but it is repeated till it works. Once the modified/hacked CB is validated by the console, it has enough rights to launch unsigned code and in our case, XeLL, the Xenon Linux Loader.
- Boot of unsigned code on Xbox 360
- Only one chip for both xbox. Compatible for Xbox 360 PHAT and SLIM
- No additionnal component needed. (Except a JTAG Cable, if the chip is shipped to you empty)
- Compatible no matter the kernel installed on your Xbox 360
- Very easy installation (7 Wires on Slim, 6 Wires on Phat)
- Easy Firmware update, via JTAG wire (not included)
- Adapted size for easier installation on Xbox 360 (3cm by 4cm)
- The xbox 360 Will boot unsigned code in a 10s to 2~3min laps time.
- The x360Glitchip brings JTAG equivalent
- All XboX 360 FAT are compatible except Xenon, Falcon with CB 5772+, Jasper with CB 6752+. (A full software fix is on the way for these specific CB)
- All XboX 360 Slim are compatible except the one manufactured since August 2011. (Hana chip is missing. A possible hardware fix would be developped)
Filed under: xbox 360