“Seasons Greetings from the xk3y Team. Firmware v1.12 without language restrictions!
Posted on December 26th 2011 When xk3y was first launched we produced an OEM version for one of our Chinese partners. This version was locked down to a few Asian language to promote sales in Asia and discourage resellers to export the OEM version to other regions. Sadly, some unscrupulous resellers still sold the OEM version to other regions, leaving end users with xk3y devices that would only display Asian languages on the remote.
We have always stressed that this is an OEM version and not something we support, as we do not offer it for sale. When these issues first surfaced, we discontinued the OEM deal and has since only supplied the standard version. However, in the interest of consumers who have received the OEM version we have decided to remove all language restrictions in the firmware, starting with version 1.12.
- Fixed “Network Fail” Message
- Latest Mr_Waffles Web app
- Asian Language lock removed
- Improved French language strings
- Added more languages ”
How to Update firmware V1.12
First you need download the latest firmware from : http://www.gamezway.com
1. Extract the three files “rootfs”, “uImage” & “xkey.cfg”
2. Open xkey.cfg with Notepad and configure it if needed.
2.1 Add the three files to the root folder of a Flash Drive or HDD. (Make sure to “eject” the drive properly from the PC, it may otherwise cause corrupt files)
3. Connect the Flash drive or HDD to your xk3y remote and wait for the xk3y to start the update.
3.1 The remote OLED will now display “UPDATING – PLEASE WAIT” for about 35 seconds. (Do not turn off your XB360 or disconnect the remote while updating)
4. Once the update is completed, the OLED will display “UPDATE COMPLETE – RESET XBOX” Reboot your xbox and the xk3y should now be updated to the latest firmware.
5. That’s it! Continue to enjoy using xk3y with the new features!
NOTE! If you use the same drive as you store games on to do the update with, then its recommended (not needed) to remove the “rootfs”, “uImage” & “xkey.cfg” from the root of your drive after a firmware update. Since keeping them there will cause the xk3y to check the files if they are a newer firmware version then stored on your xk3y micro SD card, and because of that take longer time for your HDD to be recognized.
I think,this is abosolutely a good news for the users who own the Asian Verison key .Thanks for xk3y team’s hardworking.