Pb2（PS3break2/ps3 break2) is the latest product from PS3break team who ever made a tremendous splash in the PS3 scene. Pb2 can break your own PS3 console and enjoy the latest and most popular PS3 games which require 3.6+ or 3.7+ PS3 firmware. The ps3break team are focused on enhancing the user experience of our customers, play games with it easily!
HOW TO USE PB2 FOR PS3 ?
Setting up your PS3
Before you may use PB2, you must first install the 3.55‐Dongle custom firmware onto your PS3. This is similar in function to the well known kmeaw CFW; however it also includes modifications which allow PB2 to operate correctly. The 3.55‐Dongle firmware updater is distributed in a file labelled “PB2‐3.55‐CFW.zip” which can be download from download pages of our website. Proceed with the update as follows:
1. Obtain a USB storage device such as a USB HDD or USB flash memory stick
2. Create a folder on the storage device in which to save the update file. Using a PC, create a
folder named “PS3” on the storage device. Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named
3. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file to the “UPDATE” folder created in step 2. Thus, you will have
this path structure on your USB storage device: PS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP
4. Boot your PS3 and insert the USB storage device into the PS3
5. From the home menu, select (Settings) ‐> (System Update) ‐> (Update via Storage Media)
6. The PS3 will notify you that the “3.55‐Dongle” update was found. Select OK then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update
7. After the update has completed, your PS3 will restart and you now be running the 3.55‐
Dongle custom firmware. You may now enjoy the use of the PB2 dongle
(NOTE: The above procedure is only applicable to PS3’s on or below system software v3.55)
To use PB2, simply insert the dongle into one of the USB ports on your PS3 and power the system up. Do not remove the dongle at any point while the PS3 is running.
PB2 for the most part functions just like a regular jailbreak/CFW in that you may install and run any homebrew software and all of the standard backup managers are supported. The most notable difference is that games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above are also supported. However, in order to enjoy such titles, you must first obtain special “PB2 versions” which have been modified to function with PB2. Such modified versions are available for download through the “Game Patches” and are clearly labelled as being PB2 compatible. Once you have obtained PB2 modified games, simply copy them to your PS3 internal or external USB HDD as you would with any usual jailbreak game and launch in the usual manner through any one of the many available backup managers.
From time to time, we will release firmware updates for PB2 which will add new features. Directions and a list of changes will be provided inside the firmware update archive file.
ps3 pb2 uk related products:
Filed under: PS3 Game · Tags: jailbreak PS3, PB2, PB2 "3.55-Dongle", PB2 FOR PS3, pb2 review, pb2 uk, PB2 User Guide, PS3 Break v1.2, ps3 break2, ps3 firmware, PS3BREAK TEAM, PS3Break2, True Blue PS3 JB2