keywords:apps for iphone,iOS4,multitasking in iPhone 4,iPhone 4 user guide,iPhone 3GS
Now you can run your favorite third-party apps ,Such as Listen to audio in the background,Get VoIP calls while using other apps,Keep GPS apps running.and so on.— and switch between them instantly — without slowing down the performance of the foreground app or draining the battery unnecessarily.* This smarter approach to multitasking is available only in iOS 4.see how it work?
How it works
We show you how to use multitasking with iOS4 on the iPhone 4 and 3GS.
Multitasking has been available on the iPhone for years via jailbreaking, but with the new iOS4 operating system, the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS can now multitask natively. The iPhone 4 comes with iOS4 installed and can multitask out of the box, but 3GS users must install iOS4 to enable multitasking. Apps may also need to be updated to take advantage of multitasking.
How to multitask:
- In iOS4, when you you exit an app by pressing the home button, it stays running in the background.
- Double tap the home button to see all the running apps will appear at the bottom in the multitasking dock.
- Scroll right and left to check out which apps are running and select the app you want to open.
- When selected, the app will open and seamlessly switch with the previous app you were running.
- To close an app and make it unavailable in the multitasking dock, simply press and hold the icon and click the (-) minus symbol that appears in the upper left corner of the icon.